28 Mar 2016

      Malo e lelei!

Unsolicited logistical update: My companion is not going to Nakolo, he'll go elsewhere. We don't know where, or if he'll still be training. The sisters are leaving our district as well, and we don't know whether we'll get elders or sisters next.

I've been studying Nephi in some depth. I've always looked at him as someone who never felt sad, never needed his heart softened, never made a mistake, etc. The more I read about him, the more I realize that everything he went through was just as hard for him as it was for Laman and Lemuel. The difference is how he responds. I found 2 Nephi 4:17-35 especially meaningful; this is written shortly after his father dies. He goes on for a couple of verses being sad, but the rest of the passage is him remembering the goodness of God, praising him, and reaffirming his will to follow him.  

My foot got infected, so the doctor told me to stay home a day.

Easter was great. I've been studying the atonement

I'm out of time. I had a good week and I love you all!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment