Elder Brown 30 January 2017

Malo e lelei!

My comp finishes later this week. I love him to death and it's been a very fun few months, we had two baptisms and laughed with/at each other 24 hours a day. It's too bad to see it come to an end, but I'm excited for next week. I could stay here or I could leave, I'm just really anxious to find out who my comp will be.

We were involved in a minor accident Tuesday, nobody's hurt, and the car didn't suffer any damage beyond the bumper and front plastic cover. It wasn't classified as a 'serious' accident either, so whether or not I lose my driving privileges seems unclear.

We were at an intersection and I brake'd too late and didn't quite come to a complete stop. I looked right into oncoming traffic (we drive on the left side of the road) and saw a big truck . I tried to slam on the brakes, but was wearing slippers and for one reason or another that didn't work, and by the time I thought to reach for the parking brake it was too late, disaster had stuck

I ended up hitting their back left tire, which took the bumper and plastic cover off. there is no damage to anything important, but the bumper is trashed and will need to be replaced. I doubt I was going any faster than 5, and the truck suffered no damage and wasn't at fault so we let them go. The ap's said it's already been fixed, and we should get a different car next week. We (in consultation with the mission office) didn't feel the need to call the police so my record should be clean. At any rate I learned my lesson, and I will be driving carefully from now on; we hit a very big truck and if we hadn't slowed down we'd have been toast.

I read King Benjamin's speech a couple times this week. It has become one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon and I'd love to read it with those I teach. I love how the Book of Mormon answers our questions and broadens our perspective on things; things which seem like big problems don't seem so big anymore when we take time to think about what's important. It's reawakened my love for the scriptures.This should come in handy, because I think we'll be spending a little more study time than usual over the next week or so.

My comp and I will be headed out soon, I will email everyone later on, so feel ree to message me so I can read it when I get back!!

I love you all! Keep up the good fight!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment