Elder Brown 23 January 2016

Feel free to check out Elder Brown's blog: http://elderpeterbrown.blogspot.com/

Malo e lelei!

Unfortunately, I have less than 30 minutes. I'll write as much as I can but I likely won't be able to get an email off to the parents and the siblings, I'm sorry!

Next week is my companion's last p-day so I'll get the emailing done early. I'll email everybody!

The work's slow here; we haven't been able to find anyone promising this week. We're getting much friendlier with the investigators who we've been talking to for a while, and we may be able to get them to come to church, which would be a major step. Things still seem very slow here.

The missionaries are beginning to get along. This has historically been one of the highest baptizing zones in the mission, and now that the squabbling is beginning to subside I know things will get back to where they could be.

This week my comp and I felt totally out of energy almost every day, not just because this is hard, but because sometimes it doesn't feel like anything's happening, and that's discouraging. But I've learned here that it feels really good to keep going anyway, even if at times the only reason I can think of is just because I'm supposed to. It's a great source of comfort and definitely wasn't a habit of mine before the mission. That was the breakthrough this week, I realized I've started to understand that work is rewarding, even if things don't go our ways.

I love the prophet Nephi, and every time I read about him I want to be like him. I've spent a lot of time reading about him and his brothers and I learn so much every time. Read the book of Mormon!!

Transfers are in a couple weeks!! I will miss Elder Lasalosi and I'm exited to see who my next comp will be!

'Ofa lahi atu!
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment