25 Apr 2016 Tofoa 2nd Ward, New Comp- Elder Enos from Hawaii!



Malo e lelei!
I thought I would be working in the ward I was trained in, but I've moved across the street to the Tofoa second ward. I covered this ward last transfer, but I wasn't especially friendly with the members and we never had an investigator over there. We've been spending the last few days getting to know the members. We have a very cooperative bishop the members have helped a lot. We've gone out with the bishop, we've gone out a couple of times with prospective missionaries, and we spent the rest of the time wandering around all willy-nilly looking for members and contacting. We haven't been able to meet with the ward mission leader, although we've tried every day.

My new companion is from Hawaii too. His name is Elder Vaea Enos. He hails from Hilo. We're working hard. I love him to death.

We got a new investigator on sunday totally out of the blue. She's a nine year old girl from a part-member family. Before third hour started, the first councilor to the bishop came and told us to come with him, that there was a girl he hadn't seen before. We talked to her, found out she hasn't been baptized, her mother's already Mormon, and that she's never come to church before. We taught her the first lesson and she accepted an invitation to be baptized. We set her date for the 15th of next month. We'll go meet with her mother and teach her again on wednesday. blessing!

He loves cooking and baking, so we're going to use that to our advantage during the coming weeks. Mother's day is coming up, so we're going to make all kinds of goodies for the ladies in our ward. The missionaries have never done anything like that before; we hope it'll blow their socks off etc. Wish us luck.

I got a hundred pa'anga out of the atm and it was all gone by the end of zone conference. I left my wallet on the table to go to the bathroom. lesson learned.

I'm out of time again. I love you all!

'Ofa atu,
Elder Brown

Comp study selfie
Me on candid camera with my old ward mission leader
Serious weekly planning selfie
The fakest looking picture I've every take
My new companion is from Hawaii, so he got Hawaiian goodies in the MTC. A little taste of home (tee tee)
Elder Enos and I
Elder Enos and the goblet of fire
We're really good at darts
We spent a lot of time cleaning the house. The kitchen was nasty and we spent three hours cleaning it





No comments:

Post a Comment