15 Feb 2016

Malo e lelei! 
A good week this week.
Over the past few months, a great deal of emphasis has been placed on 'family planning', a method by which the mission president and stake presidents hope to get the members more involved in missionary work. In the beginning, the family prays for a person to invite to church, they pray for them and read the scriptures daily, they invite them to church weekly, they fast for them monthly, and try to get them to the temple withing a year. Naturally, everyone was excited about it for the first two days. We didn't give up, and people have started to have real success with it. The excitement has picked back up. We are very happy to see this.
My comp's doing very well. Our relationship went from an 8.5 to a 9.
I've been reading about humlity in chapter 6 of Preach my Gospel. Very nice. This week I'll read about hope.
Sorry if I have a short email this week; I just listened to "safety for the soul" by Jeffrey R. Holland and got distracted for a good 15 minutes. don't listen to Elder Holland if you need to stay busy.
We went on splits with the ward mission leader. I don't have a picture of him yet. He's the bishop's son, and he just got back a little over a month ago from his mission in Papua New Guinea. 
We've been putting a lot of efforts into working with the members and it's beginning to pay off. 
that's my email; excuse the brevity thereof.
I had a very good week, but since I'm a lousy time budgeter, I don't get to tell you about it. 
Love all of you
Ofa lahi atu,
Elder Brown
rainy rainy
Guess where my watch goes
We taught another lesson at the elementary school. guess which one isn't a member
Hair cut 
additional haircut selfie
 Me laying down the law at district meeting

I've never had dork flavored noodles in america 

No comments:

Post a Comment