Elder Brown 27 February 2017


Malo e lelei!
Still no camera, I will have it tomorrow or I'll beat someone up

We had a couple of service projects this week; we just got back from one earlier so this may get off a bit late.

The Queen's mother passed away, so her funeral is being held later this week. We got to go to the palace and repaint the fence, pick up trash and clean the adjacent field. It was a lot of work and a very welcome break from the normal routine.

Earlier today, we walked through my first area and swept the sidewalks and picked up litter for the Queen and her family and helped to decorate the roadside. It ate away at our P-day time, but it was fun anyway.

The work here, even in Longoteme, has been slow this week, so we've started spending most of our time going door to door. We're running out of doors, so hopefully the members will feel sorry for us and give us someone to teach.

There is a girl named Lose, whom we taught last week. While we were teaching about Jesus, we invited her to be baptized and she said "Yes, can I be baptized on Saturday?" which we wish would happen more often. The mother is a member but, unfortunately, the father isn't the greatest fan of the church. He still lets his wife go to church every week, which is a blessing (normally the wife adopts whichever church the husband is a part of) and he is good friends with the branch president, so we have a good feeling about this one; we haven't been able to teach her since, but the father is a good man and I believe at the very least he will be willing to let his daughter get baptized.

As a boy, my brother and I would listen to John Bytheway. I have loved him for a long time, and he has become a favorite of my family's. One principle that has stuck with me is the importance of daily prayer and scripture study. We all hear about it and know it's good, but fewer of us follow through on that. The highlights of the week have come through personal study and personal prayer, and I have found real comfort as I've made meaningful prayer and study a priority. It's amazing how much a chapter or two can change our perspective on things and it's remarkable to see how clear the path can become when we pray for help. I love the Lord and I know that this is His church. 

I love you all!! Keep fighting the good fight!

'Ofa atu!

Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment