Elder Brown 13 February 2017

Malo e lelei!

We had a baptism!! Her name is Fusi Tupou and she's the first baptism we've had in Longoteme, the other town we cover. The work there has exploded (relatively speaking) and it's the part of our area I'm now the most excited about. The Branch President really likes us and it's been a while since they had there own missionaries, so they keep us very busy. He is a great example and helps us a lot with our teaching. He's one of my favorites. Working there (and walking back and forth from it) has been good for my health and really helped to break up the routine.

My companion is Maori/Cook/Niuean from New Zealand. He is my second comp from New Zealand and I love him. We get along well and are getting some good work done.

We got to watch the annual missionary broadcast on Friday, which was really cool. The topic was 'teach repentance and baptize converts,' and we all learned a lot from it. Elder Bednar had a lot to say about the Doctrine of Christ, and I found it very eye opening and very interesting. We talked about a lot and it was a great meeting.

They changed the missionary schedule a couple of weeks ago! We just found out about it on Friday, and we're excited about it. We get a lot more leeway in our planning; we plan in the morning, do personal study, and then plan companion/language study to do throughout the day. The p-day schedule is also different. I love this work, and it's really nice to have just a little more freedom throughout the day; doing the same thing every day can get old.

Elder Renlund is coming to Tonga this week, and we're all very excited to meet with him. He won't be able to make it to Ha'apai or Vava'u, so it's a blessing to be on the main island. We're all very excited to see what he has to say.

We're trying to get all our netting and laundry done early so we can go to Nualei and play Ping Pong. We have to walk everywhere now, which adds another layer of fun to the whole thing.

Not being a zone leader anymore was a blessing; we have an extra 2 or 3 hours in our area to worry about doing actual missionary things. It's fun to get to walk again (my comp and I are fat) and we walk a lot. I feel like a missionary again!

I love you all! Thanks for all the letters and support!

Ofa atu
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment