12 Sept 2016


Malo e lelei!
We had a very good week this week.
Although I've been trying, I'm still not very good at talking to everyone. There were a few times where I was scared to talk to someone and passed them on the street. Elder Mahe has been a great help; every time I'd pass someone, he'd talk to them instead. He's very committed and I love his guts. He learns a lot every day and it's a lot of work to keep up with him. I love him to death.

Last week we found 10 new investigators. Talking to everyone works! We tell the members about people we've been teaching and visiting, and they give us more! we've received many referrals over the past week and we're struggling to keep track of them. 
This is the most diverse teaching pool I've seen; we're teaching old women, young boys, a Muslim man, a Baha'i family, an athiest British man, and everyone in between. It really makes things more interesting. My experience is limited to Siasi Tonga, Wesleyans, Catholics, etc. so it's interesting and fun to have such a diverse crowd of people to teach.

I feel very focused on the work. This is a good place to be. It's a lot of work, but I feel like I'm being the missionary I'm expected to be. My companion and I have been stupid tired for like a week. We fell asleep like twice yesterday at church and in meetings.

I really love it here. our ward mission leaders are wonderful, and our bishops are always willing to help. The members work very well here and we're happy to work with them.

We found a bag of the malt-o-meal captain crunch knockoff. It's way sweet and I wasn't such a fan.

Great week this week! I love you all!

'Ofa atu!
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment